I enjoy reading and yes I have a library card, but I don’t have tons of free time so I prefer buying books so that I can read them on and off when I want to. I also like having a stock of books that I haven’t read yet so that when the mood strikes me or I can’t sleep or whateva I can grab a book and read it. I also like to have books on various topics so that if I feel like a sci-fi book I have one or if I’m looking for a murder mystery or a technical book I’ve got that too. If you click the Books option on the top menu you can see a list of the books I have, although there are a few that I haven’t captured yet.
This of course means that I tend to buy alot of books while shopping online is cool I often purchase books on a “spur of the moment” at the local book shops. I particularly like Exclusive Books who while expensive do have a great collection of books mad staff who appear to also read books and know what’s going on. My other favourite is Bargain Books which is often much cheaper than other stores, there books tend to be the extra’s or the one’s that didn’t sell or cancelled orders etc. Online I normally purchase from Kalahari.net but I think my next purchase will be from Loot.co.za as they appear to be alot cheaper.
So anyway today I got the Exclusive Books Publisher’s Choice booklet in the mail that tells you about the books that have been chosen as the best by the publisher’s for this year… the problem is that there are about 7 books in it that I would like to buy and I have a few other books on my “Wish List” that I also want, I also got a voucher from Exclusive Books (Like I said I buy alot of books) and I’m hoping to go wonder round the tommorrow so I know already what I’ll probably come home with.
Some of the books on my Wish List are (mostly come from the Publisher’s List):
- iWoz by Steve Wozniak
- Spit ‘n Polish by Barry Ronge
- The World According to Clarkson by Jeremy Clarkson
- And Another Thing by Jeremy Clarkson
- My Mother’s Lovers by Christopher Hope (unsure about this one… need to read a few pages to see if I like it.)
- No! I Don’t Want to Join a Bookclub by Virginia Ironside (again unsure sounds interesting will have to see what the books like…)
- Thunderbolt Kid by Bill Bryson
- Why Don’t Penguins’ Feet Freeze? edited by Mick O’ Hare
- Cook with Jamie by Jamie Oliver (Probably won’t buy this one… doesn’t mean that I don’t want it though.)
This doesn’t mean that I’ll actually buy the above books or even that I actually want them… so perhaps it shouldn’t be called a “Wish List” but the idea is that Now I’ll go find the books in the book shop, read a few pages and see if they “grab me” and if they do I might buy them.